Is It Possible To Have All Zeroes On Test's?

watertown28

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What the topic says...is it possible? I just tested my 30 gallon 2 times with the same results.... no ammonia, no nitrate or nitrites... yellow on the ammonia and NO3 and a nice light blue on the NO2.... I know the test kit works because I just did the 72 gallon. I did everything the same... shook up bottles before putting the solutions into the beakers... ect ect... I am at a loss.

The last water change was a few days ago... that was about 10 gallons. I cleaned the gravel really good because it was a while from the last time I did a really good job on it ( usually just quick stab all over to suck up most of the stuff on the top and to turn the gravel a bit )

Stock include:
2 Neons
4 Emperor Tets
2 Guppies.

No live plants.

Only a 30 gallon filter about... new. Well not new but you know what I mean. I had a 10 gallon going and upgraded all this including the filter... let the old 10 gallon filter run with this one while transferring... after about a week I took out the old media from the 10 gallon and shook it around in the tank water and went on my way. This was about 5 weeks ago... and I had a bit of a spike... but that did not last long and I just kept up on every 3 or 4 day 50% water changes.....this last weekend was the first time I let it go a week and did a little change because the test came back with a trace of NO2... and a trace of NO3. This might be due to the new Emperor Tet I put in there who knows.

SO needless to say... I am a bit worried but much more questioning this... if its able to be done I am gonna be excited because now I know the water is about as toxic free as it can be for my little friends!

Edit.... Test kit is the API master test kit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back