Is It Possible To Have All Zeroes On Test's?

watertown28

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What the topic says...is it possible? I just tested my 30 gallon 2 times with the same results.... no ammonia, no nitrate or nitrites... yellow on the ammonia and NO3 and a nice light blue on the NO2.... I know the test kit works because I just did the 72 gallon. I did everything the same... shook up bottles before putting the solutions into the beakers... ect ect... I am at a loss.

The last water change was a few days ago... that was about 10 gallons. I cleaned the gravel really good because it was a while from the last time I did a really good job on it ( usually just quick stab all over to suck up most of the stuff on the top and to turn the gravel a bit )

Stock include:
2 Neons
4 Emperor Tets
2 Guppies.

No live plants.

Only a 30 gallon filter about... new. Well not new but you know what I mean. I had a 10 gallon going and upgraded all this including the filter... let the old 10 gallon filter run with this one while transferring... after about a week I took out the old media from the 10 gallon and shook it around in the tank water and went on my way. This was about 5 weeks ago... and I had a bit of a spike... but that did not last long and I just kept up on every 3 or 4 day 50% water changes.....this last weekend was the first time I let it go a week and did a little change because the test came back with a trace of NO2... and a trace of NO3. This might be due to the new Emperor Tet I put in there who knows.

SO needless to say... I am a bit worried but much more questioning this... if its able to be done I am gonna be excited because now I know the water is about as toxic free as it can be for my little friends!

Edit.... Test kit is the API master test kit.

Most reactions

Back