Introduction

Goanna101

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I live in NSW, Australia. I have always found fish to be fascinating and calming to watch. Much better than TV!! With that in mind, I had a fish tank in my classroom. The students loved to watch the fish and help with everything involved in keeping the 'underwater-world' running. I now have a couple of tanks of my own (fresh water tropical) and enjoy them so much. I am only a novice, but my aim is to create a healthy, robust environment that is easy and not too expensive to manage (don't laugh!). Understanding the water quality and keeping it stable is quite tricky, and so I hope to gain some knowledge from this forum. I love to experiment with landscaping the tank bed with materials at hand.
I look forward to chatting, gleaning and sharing different ideas with you.

Hello 👋🏻 nice to have you join us, please post some photos of your tanks as we're a rather nosy bunch and love to share our skills!

Hello 👋🏻 nice to have you join us, please post some photos of your tanks as we're a rather nosy bunch and love to share our skills!
tempImage2z4R1U.pngtempImagecLvn8a.png

Very good! I find taking photos of my tank really tricky, waiting until its dark is really helpful to avoid the annoying glare. The dark green ivy type thing at the back, is it in the tank or hanging outside the tank? Either way its quite effective

Well, welcome to TFF...:hi:
Low costs with this hobby is certainly possible. So, you made a valid remark. Keeping things basic is something I grew up with.

Welcome! Definitely doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. The great thing is you can choose how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go and still have a great time keeping fish. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back