Internal Filters - How Good Are They?

Reaction score
How good are the internal filters sold with Juwel tanks?

I am setting up a Plec tank and from what i can gather they are quite dirty fish. Will the built in filter be sufficient or should i look at an external model?

Never had a jewel tank but almost anyone I hear that talks about a tank with a built in filter, the filter is almost garbage, but wait for more opinions from people that actually do have these tanks. I would say get another HOB filter that can circulate 6 to 7 times the volume of your tank per hour if your planning on keeping alot of plecs

I`d rip out the built in filter as it takes up far to much roomin what would be a lovely tank. (we have 2 jewel tanks and no jewel filters, ight give you a clue)

its easy to do they are usualy held on by 4 blobs of silicone on each side simply slide a long flexible knife down the sides of the filter and it should come out.....

replace it with a good sized external, (we have 4 filters on our 80 gallon with 1 plec one oscar a syno and a parrot fish) ehiem are the best on the market rena also make good filters, fluvals are ok but can be a swine to start again after cleaning ect...

Most reactions

Back