Juwel internal filter

Dave 007

Reaction score
Hello just want some advice on juwel 6.0 internal filter just wondering if there any good at all looking at a vision 260 for medium stocked aquarium never had an internal filtration plus i dont mind the look at all i know some people remove these just for the space or is there something else aswell thx

The biggest positive points, they are absolutely silent. The filter media volume is large enough, and it's easy to maintain.

But. Most people find them bulky and not strong enough for heavily stocked aquariums.

It seems a little on the weak side for the tank you are looking at.

Thx for ur reply. with the info u give me i did a bit of digging u can actually buy the pump a size up from 1000 plh to 1500 plh that seems to be a good idea but would that be to strong of a currant for type of fish like ur angels gouarmis ect. Just wondering if anyone has tryed this before.

they are absolutely silent
The built in filter in my old Juwel 125 litre was definitely not silent. It kept me awake at night in the room above the tank. I did everything I could think of including buying a new pump, then replaced it with something different.

The built in filter in my old Juwel 125 litre was definitely not silent. It kept me awake at night in the room above the tank. I did everything I could think of including buying a new pump, then replaced it with something different.
The one I had was silent. But I still not liked it that much. I prefer HOBs and particularly Aquaclear.

The biggest positive points, they are absolutely silent. The filter media volume is large enough, and it's easy to maintain.

But. Most people find them bulky and not strong enough for heavily stocked aquariums.

It seems a little on the weak side for the tank you are looking at.
Keep in mind that the GPH / LPH is evaluated without filtering media. It's always lower once running and drops slowly as clogging occurs.

HOBs are not nearly as common in the UK as in Canada/USA. It's usually externals (canister) and internals here.

HOBs are not nearly as common in the UK as in Canada/USA. It's usually externals (canister) and internals here.

?!? I didn't knew that ! Is there a peculiar reason ? Or it's just popularity.

I don't know why. When I first started keeping fish there were no HOBs in the shops - and no real on-line shops either. In the last few years they have become available in shops and on-line.
I wonder if it's because most of the tanks back in the 1990s had lids with small cut outs for cables to go through, or slots in the back of the tank for external filter hoses. To fit a HOB would have meant cutting a chunk out of a thin plastic lid and possibly damaging its structural integrity.
My first tank, a Marina 64 litre, had small sections in the back of the lid, one at each side, which could be broken out for cables to pass through.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back