inflamed "egg hole"

jacblades

im not the jedi i should be
Reaction score
ok-i had been waiting a long time to breed my prized opaque female to another betta but when he wrapped around her, no eggs came out and her "hole" looked reddish and slightly bloody. she always looks extremely full of eggs (very fat) and im wondering if she will never be able to expell her eggs. i took her out of the breeding tank and put her in some betttamax. she acts fine (she is not loafing around or anything) but she is still red. i will try to take a pic llater. any ideas of what i can do? think she will be ok? or actually be able to breed someday? i have never had this happen before.
thanks in advance
+jac+

its hard for us to know whats wrong without a picture of what it looks like. all i can think of is maybe she was nipped there by the male

i cant get a good pic of her. this is the best i could do. but see how large her stomach is and how theres a little bump at the bottom-its much lrger than normal. someone in another forum told me to swab her with some stress coat so i did. i took her out of the bettamax and put her in melafix so i could get a pic (which isnt great at all..)
opaque.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back