Ich...on my dragon fish:

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jrd77

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My dragon fish is my my 10 gallon hospital tank. Basically, the day after it came home from the store (Sunday), it has been very sick with ich. On Monday, I noticed it had white spinkles on its gills and fins but not many on its body. I moved it to the hospital...immediatly...

The hospital tank temp is 82F and I have been using Wardley's Ich Away whose active ingredient is 0.075% malachite green. I took the charcoal filter out...

I don't know why but the pH is NOT staying stable for the first time in 2 years...water changes are helping the tank stay neutral other wise the pH drops to quite acidic, around 6.0.

5 days later my dragon fish still had spots on its gills, fins and body.

How often should I be doing a water change in this tank? Is there anything else I can do? Are there other treratment that might be better for this type of fish...as I know nothing about it (it was a gift).

Please help...

:(

I've read this article before...I was wondering if my dragon fish could tolerate it or not...
...thanks anyway...

I don't no nothing about them is it a scaless fish, if not add some salt to the tank, turn temp up to 30, cover tank up so it's in the dark.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back