Ice Skating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nope but it a laugh tho. i used to be able to parrallel stop.... once upon a time!!........ x

i go every now and then but my local ice rink is pretty much chav central so none of my friends like to go

i go to our temporary ice-rink each year. but im a freestyle inline skater. :p like in competitions etc. but at my local roller world i only go on members nights as at another time its chav central

cool, ours is like that, but they only talk to u if ur a good skater, some of them r cool tho, once u get to know them

I used to be a short track speed skater many moons ago :) . Thing is I am too tall and didn't really maintain my fitness so things became a bit expensive for me mum who had to pay for all the gear... Second hand the boots came in at about £60 then the blades alone were about £100!!
But... There were annual trips to Holland where the normal ice rinks are 400m tracks! The middle is concrete and about the same size as our ice rinks when you first walk in you are instantly stunned by the size of it all! Even the small rink we had the competition in had a second ice rink round the outside (think donut shaped). Crazy! I think they live skating over their...
Must admit despite the hard work and all the competitions it was an awesome sport but when you fell it hurt!
I recommend you check if your rink has a local club and if you are relatively fit & up for it give it a go, or at least go to watch them some time although they often practice in unsocial hours.

in april, im hoping to start lessons. i wanna get really good because ive been wanting to do this for over a year now lol (bit of a long time) xxx

I used to play ice hockey. I just sorta stopped doing that and went back into roller. Every once in a while I'll still go to a rink and skate around.

keenon fish, thats pretty cool that you used to skate short track. My family really enjoys watching it. My mom is a physical therapist and really likes watching their movement.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back