I Dont Know If My Platy Is Pregnant!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlatyLuvr14

Reaction score
I went on another topic and she looks like the pregnant fish they have in the pictures! So can anyone make sure she is pregnant? I cant seem to get good pictures!!!!!! UGGGGG This picture is not my fish but is what she looks like but shes red! You also cant see the fry because of her color like you can in this platy!

preg01.jpg

Well well well girly you joined! (shes my on of my best beastie buddys in real :nod: )
Since i know yours is red, try this:
You see a(/that) white-ball-like-marking behind the 2 front underbelly fins?(idk wat to call them 4 now) when you see a darker inner ring on it(like an opening to a tube) it means shes ready. I know you have that kind of breeding trap that you can seporate into 2 (for you molly fry), put her in there when shes ready. If you see her thrashing and stressing out, beg your mom to take you to the LFS to buy a heater and small filter for that extra critter tank you have sitting around!

♥Hope this help ya :D

yeah she appears to be very pregnant, you can see the babies eyes in her belly,
cant tell u when shes due tho .. i have enough trouble telling when mine are lol ( the one i thought was going to drop 1st is still waiting and the one i thought had a while to go dropped 15
keep a close eye on here if she starts seeking peace n quiet in the tank, or getting harrased my males, then you may want to think about putting her ain a breeding net with some floating plants ( so the babies can hide)

theres a thread pinnined on here , will show videos and give lots more info.. then you`ll be watching her like a hawk lol

good luck :)
shelagh xxx

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back