HUGE TANK MOVE

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FrontsBfrontin'

Reaction score
HEY ! Moving my 300 gallon tank into its new home the tank has been stationary for sometime at a friend's. Why? I used to also be in better condition. I had 4 surgeries on my knee since. The tank is 634lbs . yes I measured it. Its 300 gallons . So 36inches deep. Here is my question. What's the best thing to use to move it moving straps the forearm ones? Or the moving glass suction cups that they make..also whats your experience moving a tank this size..

Last edited:
Lifting things this heavy is a very common cause of injury. And your knee condition its probably not a goo idea to lift it. The safer approach would be to put some wheeled platforms under it and simply wheel it out the door. I would not trust suction cups. Or you can call a moving company and ask how much it would cost to move a 300 lb tank.

Feel free to ignore my advice. I only have one small aquarium.

Lifting things this heavy is a very common cause of injury. And your knee condition its probably not a goo idea to lift it. The safer approach would be to put some wheeled platforms under it and simply wheel it out the door. I would not trust suction cups. Or you can call a moving company and ask how much it would cost to move a 300 lb tank.

Feel free to ignore my advice. I only have one small aquarium.
Ya. Its actually just over 500lbs its 1/2 glass. And ya a mover wouldnt be to bad of a idea .

Ya. Its actually just over 500lbs its 1/2 glass. And ya a mover wouldnt be to bad of a idea .

Perhaps you should insure it in case it gets cracked during the move.

If you get professional suction cups you can trust them (they can sometimes be borrowed). You will need at least 4 strong guys. And it will all depend on the layout of your location: narrow staircase etc. But if you can, try to move it on some wheels as already mentioned. Try to have plankets, pillows, styropor blocks or sawhorses ready for breaks.

Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Back