Howdy

Polardbear

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all - I keep forgetting to do this so since there isn't much going on today I thought I'd take a moment now.

I first started keeping fish in the mid 1970's. I had two 65 gallon tanks with primarily Swordtails. I kept my Swordies for about 5 years but then I finally had to grow up and leave home and just never really had a place for the tanks after that.

A couple of months ago I had a sudden urge to get a crowntail betta (Jake). After a couple of weeks watching Jake I decided to get another and found Deuce at a Petco. Then I found another crowntail I couldn't live without (Arlen), followed by a prettly little green female betta (Missy), followed by an even prettier little crowntail female (Princess). At that point I was getting a little bored with all my little 2 gallon tanks and bought a 10 gallon so I could get a couple of Swordtails, which quickly turned into another 10 gallon, and a 5 gallon and then I said "oh the heck with it" and bought my 55 gallon tank. :D I'm having so much fun with my fishies I can't believe I went almost 30 some years without them! Swordies are still my favorite fish but the bettas are a close second. :)

:hi: to the forums!
and welcome back to the hobby!

read the new signiture laws ;)

DD

Hi Polardbear I am glad to see you pick back up the hobbie again..Bettas are the most friendliest fish that you could get.. I look forward to seeing you around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back