How Would You Describe This Fin Pattern?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pica_nuttalli

don't be a twit
Reaction score
in real life he's more of a bright royal blue than that aqua tone. i love the way his fins look with those light contrasting panels, but i've got no idea how that would be described in, say, an Aquabid ad. i would be interested in purchasing future bettas with this type of coloration but at this moment in time i have no idea what key phrases i should keep in mind while researching.

any suggestions? ("veiltail" and "pretty" do not count as helping :p )

i just brought him back from staying in my dad's tank and he's been bubble-nesting since 9 AM yesterday. :rolleyes: guess he likes the change.
DSC00116.jpg

he's such a little diva
DSC00113.jpg

i like to call these the "Sean Penn" shots :lol:
DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

--EDIT--
have you guys ever just sat and watched your betta build his nest? its unbearably cute. mine wiggles his butt while he does it; he looks just like a little dog burying a bone.

His coloring is not a predictable, or breedable pattern (his color pattern will not breed true even if you could find a matching female)--it's completely random and to find other bettas with the same patterning is going to be near impossible. He is a veiltail that at some point was kept in dirty conditions which forced the kinks in his fins (ok, some of us think it's pretty but it's a flaw). No matter, he's real real real pretty.

Personally, I'd call it an imperfect mustard gas :dunno:

thanks for all the input :nod:

synirr, when you say "imperfect mustard gas", are you referring to the patterning or the coloring of his fins?

The pattern, but it may just be the pics?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back