how to assure your plants are clean of Ickies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ensure any bleach you use is unscented and free of surfactants, for reassurance after your bleach dip you could dip them in a solution of dechlorinator and water.

I did one time find some bleach pils. A solid oill that would resolve in water and turn in to bleach. It didn't have surfactants. Another option is chlorine monoxide water purification tablets sold in hike equipment stores. It may take several tales per gallon to get a strong enough solution to do the job. Chlorine test kits and strips are available at aquarium supply companies and some aquarium test kits contain chlorine test. Make sure the label says chlorine and not iodine. The link below are chlorine tablets

https://www.rei.com/product/695229/katadyn-micropur-purification-tablets-package-of-30

Another option is chlorine monoxide water purification tablets sold in hike equipment stores. It may take several tales per gallon to get a strong enough solution to do the job.
Oh what a cool idea. So that would be to purify the water with my plants after the bleach dip...to ensure that there is no trace of bleach...correct?
Just because I'm a bit OCD I'd be rinsing the heck out of them anyway, soaking and changing water often. I'd never put them right in after. I'm far too paranoid to be reckless.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back