How Much Longer?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cobyshayngirl

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37480576@N03/?saved=1

I have had some trouble posting pics, so please click on the link above and tell me what you think! Obviously she is preggo, but I have no idea how much longer she might have. Hard to see gravid spot on a black molly. She had been for 2 days now. We started with 3 black mollies, but one died within two weeks. So we got another molly, not sure if it was a boy or girl. We didn't really pay attention to any of that...Then we found 2 babies in the tank. I think that the mother of the two babies survived, but hard to be certain. Since we were new to mollies we had no idea what to expect or to look for, until we found the babies. Maybe the mom died, who knows! I isolated her to take a better picture of her.

So, how long do you all think until she drops??? I have now read all the pinned info about what to look for, but I would like to trap mama to keep as many babies as possible.

My best guess is that the trapped female you have here is at least a week away. She seems to be less ready than this girl who was 10 days away at the time I took the picture.

Mom32_1024.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back