How many bloodworms do you feed a betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ral

Fish Herder
Reaction score
One of my Betta's is not eating the Hikari Bio Gold Pellets. Decided to try a blood worm. Well he likes it. I don't know how many to feed him though?

Was also thinking of mixing up the food mix of the other betta's. Pellets and bloodworms and later add brine shrimp. Worried about over feeding.

i use frozen so i judge the size of the worms... if they are long normally like 2-3 twice a day, if they are shorter sometimes 4-5... you have to remember i pre broke the cube with a mallet :p

I realized another question I should have ask is how long do you than. I thaw mine about 5-10 minutes under a light.

I soak mine in a little container of tank water for a few minutes before feeding.

Thats it? What do you do with the rest of the cube? There's like 50 of them (or more) in each cube!
Man, Im overfeeding big time!!!!
Glad I read this one!

First time I used blood worms I cut of a small portion and did not realize how many I put in (had to use the net to coral them) but Karl is fast and he must have gotten to 6-10 of them.

I make sure to segregate them in a cup..... I was about 1/4th the boodworms but that is better then over eating betta's. These guys either don't eat (you feeding me that... hhhmmmpppp) or they eat everything in sight.

i dont know if this is okay, but i usually just break off little chunks of the cube with feeding tweezers and drop the peice in the tank. the water thaws it out almost instantly and i think it's a lot easier than feeding the worms one by one.. the fish don't fight over the food that way.

i just break a chunk off and drop it in lol, probably eating way more then what they should but they get it as a treat :flex: they do get a little chunky afterwards though lol (female community)

These post helped alot as i have jut got a betta. Just to get things strainght:
I should feed him 4-5 freeze-dried worms twice a day, on every other day like the pack says.
Then supliment this with pellets.

Can I just add that Crawford (my Betta) just spits pellets out, he tries them a few times then ignores them & then the guppies eat them!

Is there anything else that I can try & tempt him with?

My bettas get 5-10 pellets twice a day and 15-20 bloodworms once a day four times a week, the other days I substitute other foods, but thats what bw days look like :thumbs:

Yeah, my bettas are too spoiled, but I feel bad conditioning some and not all, so i feed till they have fat bellies :look:

So I would be safe enough encouraging Crawford to eat more? I think he needs to as he is a bit lethargic from time to time.

I also think he is intimidated by the other small fast fish in the tank :- Prime suspect "The Danios"

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back