How Does A Fish Just Disapear From The Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'd up the corys to 6, the serpaes to 6, and depending on what type of pleco rehome it. If it's a "common" pleco it will get huge and will be stunted in a tank that small. If it's a "bristle nose" or "bushy nose" 20 gallons is bare minimum, 30 gallons is better. If it's a clown pleco 20 gallons is fine. I'm guessing you don't have a more rare pleco like a L134 so I won't get into that.

This happened to me with a little cory a couple of weeks ago. Still none the wiser. Everyone on my thread said most likely is fish died and was eaten or is decomposing somewhere. I also turned tank UPSIDE down looking for him. Checked filter etc. no sign. Also been super obsessive about stats in case there is a body decomposing... No changes at all.

I have come to conclusion that:

A: fish jumped out without me realising in short moments when lid is open then dog or ferrets ate the poor thing.

B: fish disappeared through a portal into fifth dimension

Or

C: fish is still in there swimming about but caught invisibility disease (that well known but rarely discussed aquatic disease ;-)

Seriously though I feel your annoyance/ upset. It really bothered me too!

X

dgwebster said:

Three options:-

1) It jumped out - I once had an amano shrimp disappear from my tank, I found its body 3 years later 2 feet away under the sofa.
Jeez dude, move that sofa and vacuum under it at least once a month!

Not my department, mate.....

Voxcharm said:
This happened to me with a little cory a couple of weeks ago. Still none the wiser. Everyone on my thread said most likely is fish died and was eaten or is decomposing somewhere. I also turned tank UPSIDE down looking for him. Checked filter etc. no sign. Also been super obsessive about stats in case there is a body decomposing... No changes at all.

I have come to conclusion that:

A: fish jumped out without me realising in short moments when lid is open then dog or ferrets ate the poor thing.

B: fish disappeared through a portal into fifth dimension

Or

C: fish is still in there swimming about but caught invisibility disease (that well known but rarely discussed aquatic disease ;-)

Seriously though I feel your annoyance/ upset. It really bothered me too!

X
I feel bad for the fish. He must have jumped out within a minute or so of putting him in. I have a hood for the tank, but I was fussing around with the tank and didn't have the hood on for a little while.    I feel horrible that he must have suffered on the ground and I didn't even notice.   I have hardwood floors and a patterned area rug, which would be hard to see him. 
sad.png

[/quote]
I feel bad for the fish. He must have jumped out within a minute or so of putting him in. I have a hood for the tank, but I was fussing around with the tank and didn't have the hood on for a little while.    I feel horrible that he must have suffered on the ground and I didn't even notice.   I have hardwood floors and a patterned area rug, which would be hard to see him.  :(
[/quote]

I so know what you mean. I had a massive argument with my boyfriend because he made fun of fact it really upset me.

Such fragile easily stressed little creatures fish. Just tell yourself that the torture they'll go through in the wild is often a lot worse. Nature is unbelievably cruel.

Xx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back