Hi there!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Patricia Kisamore

Reaction score
Hi! Iā€™m a new member but not too new to aquariums. I grew up always having an aquarium in my house and have recently gotten back into it. I have two tanks right now, one with fair goldfish and my other hobby tank. This is mommas new hobby

Welcome! I imagine your fair goldfish are comets or commons. Be prepared as they will grow over a foot long. I have several myself and ended up putting in a pond for them. What size tank are they in right now? Glad to have another Goldie lover here.

They are currently in a 30 gallon tank. We came home with 4 and are now down to 2, which is how it goes I know. My entire family thought I was crazy for setting up a second tank but I wanted to give these guys a fighting chance so now I have two tanks ā€ā™€ļø

They are currently in a 30 gallon tank. We came home with 4 and are now down to 2, which is how it goes I know. My entire family thought I was crazy for setting up a second tank but I wanted to give these guys a fighting chance so now I have two tanks ā€ā™€ļø

Youā€™ve already caught MTS (multiple tank syndrome). Many of us have it also. Lol. Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle and are your tanks cycled? If youā€™re like me, a lot has changed in the fish keeping hobby and the nitrogen cycle is the difference between live fish and dead fish. Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

Youā€™ve already caught MTS (multiple tank syndrome). Many of us have it also. Lol. Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle and are your tanks cycled? If youā€™re like me, a lot has changed in the fish keeping hobby and the nitrogen cycle is the difference between live fish and dead fish. Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.
I am familiar with it..I have a local fish store that has been AMAZING! So far so good with that tank however my other tank is now having issues...is it possible they got jealous? My beautiful angel fish died last night :( she was the center of my other tank..thatā€™s a question Iā€™m going to post on another thread I think lol

I am familiar with it..I have a local fish store that has been AMAZING! So far so good with that tank however my other tank is now having issues...is it possible they got jealous? My beautiful angel fish died last night :( she was the center of my other tank..thatā€™s a question Iā€™m going to post on another thread I think lol
Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. Thatā€™s the downside of owning fish. What are your water parameters ( ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) for the new tank? Itā€™s usually something to do with water quality in a new tank. Good news is it eventually works out.

The tank my angelfish has been running since August and I waited 2 months to put something in there. I recently got an electric blue ram and since then I have lost two female rams and now her :( and 3 baby crawfish
I think the one remaining fish is the issue. All my levels seem to be fine when I take the water to be tested. I need to get a home kit to test.

At 2 months your tank may still not be cycled. If it isnā€™t the fish could be poisoned by the toxic ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels. Take another sample to get tested and ask the Lfs to write down exactly what the numbers are. If cycled, the numbers should read 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and some nitrates ( need to stay less that 20ppm). Iā€™m banking that this is your issue. While at the Lfs pick up a bottle of Seachem Prime and some methylene blue if they have it. The Prime will temporarily detoxing the water ( 24 - 32 hrs) and protect the fish some. The methylene blue helps heal any fish suffering from toxicity. Keep us posted. Weā€™re here to help!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back