Hi everyone

canuck

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm new to fishkeeping and just spent about 2 hours soaking up as much information as I could from this site. What a great resource!

I've wanted to get into this hobby for years but finally made a start a few weeks ago, with dismal results. My 4 year old daughter wanted to get a fish, so off we went to the local chain pet store where we received some bad advice which was then compounded by more bad advice when we started having problems with our fish.

Our fish passed on this morning, so I spent the better part of the day looking for a better place to buy my next fish. I happened upon a girl in a local store who actually knew what she was talking about, so I now have a shiny new 29 gallon tank waiting for me to get started. She actually pointed this site out to me.

After reading many of the newbie posts here, it's quite sad how many things the local chain store told me to do that were absolutely wrong. Not just questionable, but absolutely wrong. :angry:

Now I just have to pick my fish over the next few weeks while I cycle my new tank...

:hi: to the forums Canuck!!

Sorry to hear about your fish :-( Please don't beat yourself up...many of us have been in your exact situation... having recieved very bad (or no) advice from the lfs. However now you have found this forum so you'll be in better shape for your brand new tank!! :nod: :nod:

Glad to have you aboard.. make sure you ask lots of questions and keep us updated on your cycling process!! :D

Valerie

~great to have another canadian in here!! :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back