Hi everyone. Please help. Someone eating the tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ligita

Reaction score
Please help! I was given a fish and don't know what it is and how to look after it. Since I got it, fish changed colour and her tail looks like someone has eaten it. What to do?

We really need to know what kind of fish it is to properly help you; can you try and get a picture of it?

Is the fish in a tank with a filter and a heater?

The first thing to do is change some of the water; good, clean water is the best 'first aid' for fish, but you do need to make sure any new water is warmed and dechlorinated, so I hope you've got something to make the water safe.

There are filter, heather and oxygen ( I'm not sure if I called it correctly). I have this aquarium for almost 10 year and never had this situation before. I could not take clear picture of my fish, so I found it on internet. This fish behave very strange, swims like crazy

Attachments

• rodina-akvariumnogo-somika_4.jpg
    rodina-akvariumnogo-somika_4.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 60
That would be a cory catfish or corydora. I agree the best thing you can do is a water change. What are the water parameters and is there other fish in the tank. It would also help to see the tail that has been "eaten".

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back