Help!

Jen21

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just noticed that my big brown frog is not in my tank!!! Can he survive out of the tank?? I cant believe hes jumping around my house!!!

I feel so bad now.... I'm looking for him but I don't know where to look.... I can just picture someone sleeping and brown frog jumping on their face... I hope I find him and hes ok.....

Actually, he CAN'T survive outside of the tank. His skin will dry out, and then his internal organs will start to dry out. However, you do have longer to find him than you would a fish, since he can and does breathe air, so he won't suffocate outside of water.

Any tank with a frog or anything that jumps should be fully covered, without any holes, to prevent this kind of thing.

Edit: Looking at the time, he's probably already dead unless you found him....

If he found water, then he'd be okay. But if he didn't, then I'm sorry, but I really think he's dead by now.

Just wondering, have you found him yet? Oh that must be terrible!

:sad: No, I havent found him... I'm just wondering if he hid somewhere and died.... I feel so bad about it

Don't feel bad please, they escape really easily, like out of a tiny space. I kept 1 ADF and he escaped on the 2nd day. I found him all dried up on the carpet. They're all Mr. Houdinis :/

Most reactions

Back