help

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

_]im

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey,

Its been a while since I've been here. I upgraded my two 10's and traded them in for a 33 gallon tank. As of now I have the following in there:

4 peppered cory
1 potbelly molly male
1 black molly male
10 neon tetra
2 honey gournami
4 molly fry (about .5 inch)
2 otto cats

Now, what else can I add, I know I should throw in some females for the mollies but they seem content by themselves and I would like to keep the fry down a bit, I was thinking blue dwarf gournami or something colorful for the tank, any sudgestions?
Also I have snails, and I was looking into getting ONE clown loach, would this be okay just to get one?
And finally I think I have fluke, my fish rub off the wood *only every once and a while I know its hard to treat, but is there anything you guys might have tried that helped, it doesnt seem to kill the fish but it'd be nice if I could treat it to some degree.

Any help would be appreciated!

Clown loaches need a bigger tank, and don't like it on there own, also from personal experience wouldn't get neon tetra's not that hardy and are prone to NTD.

I most deffinatly agree with the loach comment, however personally I find the neons are fine just make sure the water is healthy and clean and that the stock you pick from is hardy and active. Oh and if you want colour I'd suggest looking into rainbows. There are lots of species available and they can have great colours (see Red Irian or Glossoseps Inicus). Howver if your not confident about your skills our you faithfullness in doing water changes than I'd stay away from them, they liek clean warm tanks.

thanks, so is there any other fish i could use to clear the snail problem suited for that tank?

as well what other colorful fish could i use, im not sure exactly of the fish mentioned, and i have a basic pet shop where I am

If you want a loach to get the snails, try a yo-yo loach. They stay small and have the same loach look and personality. They do well in groups, get 3 :)

Khuli loaches are so kewl :) I wouldn't go with female mollies, before you know it you will be overrun with fry :)

Most reactions

Back