Help !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

2 Hours later after a 30% water change still the same readings. So ive just done a 80% water change and cleaned the filter system out in the old water the filter now seems to be pumping the water alot better :)

Fingers crossed we get super great readings tomorrow!

Right todays result.

Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 2.0
Nitrate: 40

Seems when i do a big water change the water gets worse :(

Right todays result.

Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 2.0
Nitrate: 40

Seems when i do a big water change the water gets worse :(

When you do a big water change you must match both temperature and pH. Temperature less important, pH more. Some old folk will come along and dispute this, but I can tell you from many peoples experiences, if you don't pH match the new water on a large water change, with a vulnerable bacteria colony, you'll stall the cycle.

I sure hope it rights its self sometime soon :lol:

Ammonia: .50PPM
Nitrite: 2.0PPM
Nitrate: 10PPM

Ammonia 4.0PPM
Nitrite 2.0PPM
Nitrate 10PPM

Problem i have now is i found frys last night so they are in a breed net so i cant do a big water change!

Today i have

Ammonia: 2.0PPM
Nitrite: 2.0PPM
Nitrate: 5PPM

As i have fry ive drained 15% so they have swimming room in the breeding net and refilled up then done the same again to try break down the Ammonia and Nitrite without putting the fry at risk leaving them water. I also removed there castle and hoovered up the gravel to remove any thing they may have left in there and removed a plant on a log to do the same around that. Crazy how much more crap i hoovered up. Fingers crossed this may help me get in control.

Todays results

Ammonia: 2.0PPM
Nitrite: 1.0PPM
Nitrate: 5.0PPM

Looks like another double change i think

hi
just cycled my 120 l tank it took 6 weeks,if this is any help i made a school boy error.Having halved my ammionia i was testing too early for nitrite and was GETTING REALLY HIGH READINGS i left testing for a day or so and my nitrite came back clear.50 % water change now added fish.....result hpe this helps regards..............

Im doing a fish in cycle after cocking up on a filter change :( Make it worse on top of the fish i have at the weekend my platys gave birth to 9 butiful fry so im 9 fish up now lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back