Help With Info For A Database

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DumeNdlovu

Reaction score
Hi I working on a project and part of my project is building a database that contain the optimal conditions (temperature, ph etc.) for certain fish species indigenous to Sub-Saharan Africa and i'm struggling to find sources on that and help would be greatly appreciated. :)

African water is mild temperature, hardy and abit of salt in some portions of the water ( i would know as ive helped in Africa with some water issues ) so i would say 76-80 F* for a start, and when its night it gets to about 50F*, so the fish species their have been accustomed to the water temperature difference 

If this is for a serious project for a database you plan to maintain (i.e. not just for a class, etc.) I'd suggest figuring out what species are indigenous and doing a Google Scholar search for scientific articles.  Not everything will be on there, but for anything either relatively well known or relatively well researched there's a great chance that you will find a source with a good reference.  And for the rarer ones, less search results may actually make your life easier.  Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back