help with diagnosis and treatment

bunny

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon tank with female mollies and a few tiny platies. Ammonia is 0, Nitrates are 5.0 (!?), Nitrites are 0. Water temperature is about 72.

My two young mollies look thin, considerably thinner than the two adults in the tank. This is right behind the gill area and on the underside. They appear to be having trouble keeping horizontal in the tank as well.

I don't see any spots on them and they don't appear discolored. I'm at a loss for what this might be. Is it at all possible that they aren't getting enough to eat because the larger mollies eat it all?

Help.

I would use anti internal bacteria med.

Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates. Post them in that order to avoid confusion. is a 5.0 5 ppm on your test kit or 50? Either way, it isn't that bad.

Could be TB. Anyways, quaraintine if possible (if they're the only fish, no worries). And the antibiotics as stated above.

I'm seeing no improvement in my fish, and they actually look a little thinner. Am I looking at something that is going to be an epidemic and kill off all my fish in that tank?

Also what does it look like when they go to the toilet, if you could issolate them that would be great.

I have a danio that looks the same. He has been this way for 7 months now and still going strong. In his case I found he is being bullied off the food, and needs his own corner away from the others to feed. Even so, he remains skinny compared to the rest. Could this be a possibility? Though, admittedly, he has no bouyancy issues...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back