Help With A Fish Id

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mudpit

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I pick myself up an aquarium after many years of not keeping fish.

So to for a nice easy start a went straight to African cichlids in a planted tank.

So i have 2 yellow labs. 1 random peacocks. And a pinkish peacock. But I have 3 of of another fish. I cant remember tge name as i had 3 kids going nuts when a purchased them.

I think they are kenyi. I researched them and have been give the impression of super violent killer fish that will beat me up in my sleep.

Can anyone confirm the breed. And have i condemned the other fish and my cat to death?
dbf4fb87b9ddac845b46bcce3cb1abc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Sorry I am not up to date on most of the cichlid species/ variants but if you like I could move your post into the cichlid section so that more experienced cichlid keeps might be able to help with your id.

I suggest more research before you, "hyper buy" fish...

Baccus said:
Sorry I am not up to date on most of the cichlid species/ variants but if you like I could move your post into the cichlid section so that more experienced cichlid keeps might be able to help with your id.
If you mate. Would appreciate

BettaBettas said:
I suggest more research before you, "hyper buy" fish...
Had a bit of a discussion with the guy at the store. Who I think wanted rid of me. Said all cichlids are fine together. Complete lies in very found out since. But i remember being told the same years ago with my first tank. I opted against them that time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back