Help Please, Before I Bin All My Plants :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Maidenhead Aquatics also sell EasyCarbo 250g, that's where I picked up mine.Ā  You can get 100ml Excel or 500ml Neutro for around the same price so it's neither the cheapest nor dearest!

SLIM said:
Ā 

Personally I dont weight out my ferts, I just use tsp measurements:)
Ā 
A lot of people do but I am a bit anal about it!! just hope the police never come to my house because all the powders along with a set of scales would not look very good in my cupboardĀ 
blink.png
Ahahahahaha yea can you imagine. Honestly officer it belongs to my fish lol
Ā 
Well have a guess what my missus does for a living!! so she would put a good word in for meĀ 
innocent.gif

daizeUK said:
Maidenhead Aquatics also sell EasyCarbo 250g, that's where I picked up mine.Ā  You can get 100ml Excel or 500ml Neutro for around the same price so it's neither the cheapest nor dearest!
Neutro is no good for combating algae

Livewire88 said:
Ā 

Personally I dont weight out my ferts, I just use tsp measurements:)
Ā 
A lot of people do but I am a bit anal about it!! just hope the police never come to my house because all the powders along with a set of scales would not look very good in my cupboardĀ :blink:
Ahahahahaha yea can you imagine. Honestly officer it belongs to my fish lol
Ā 
Well have a guess what my missus does for a living!! so she would put a good word in for meĀ :angel: Hahaha XD

SLIM said:
Ā 
I wonder why, it must use a different type of chemicals?Ā  Are Excel and EasyCarbo basically the same stuff then?

daizeUK said:
Ā 
I wonder why, it must use a different type of chemicals?Ā  Are Excel and EasyCarbo basically the same stuff then?
Pretty much yeah:)

daizeUK said:
Ā 
Ā 
As far as I am aware Excel contains other ingredients that Neutro does not, each contain mainlyĀ Glutaraldehyde.
Ā 
I found Neutro useless for treating BBA.

Livewire used excel and didnt have algae, then moved to Neutro because of how much cheaper it was and then started to get BBA. Then he went back to excel and the BBA turned white and died. Im sure he'll confirm this for you. So yea they must be different formulas. As for easycarbo, iv personally used this with great success.

Ah there you go he beat me to it lol

Slim is correct, this was myĀ experience when changing from Excel to Neutro Co2.Ā 
Ā 
Nothing else in my tank was changed only the brand of liquid Co2 with bad results. Excel has it under control now.Ā 

Great thanks for the replies - ill take your route SLIM and see how I go. I have it in my 54 litre too but not to the same extreme.
I shall place my orders tomorrow and when my folks arrive maybe if I treat them to nice meals they may treat me to some plants? XD

Livewire - I shall measure nitrates in my tap water tomorrow - getting tired now its been a long day! Then maybe I could do 50% water change with half tap water half RO? It takes so long to collect the water and I have three tanks too.
I have always had algae issues but put it down to using water from our bore hole with the high nitrate content hence the RO machine.

High tech here I come o_O

Thanks SLIM I feel a bottle of wine should be heading your way lol!

Shelster said:
Great thanks for the replies - ill take your route SLIM and see how I go. I have it in my 54 litre too but not to the same extreme.
I shall place my orders tomorrow and when my folks arrive maybe if I treat them to nice meals they may treat me to some plants? XD
Livewire - I shall measure nitrates in my tap water tomorrow - getting tired now its been a long day! Then maybe I could do 50% water change with half tap water half RO? It takes so long to collect the water and I have three tanks too.
I have always had algae issues but put it down to using water from our bore hole with the high nitrate content hence the RO machine.
High tech here I come o_O
Thanks SLIM I feel a bottle of wine should be heading your way lol!
Lol your welcome and wine sounds good lol jus kidding. Ill write you up a mixing and dosing schedule tomorrow and well go from there :)

Ha ha you typing from a tablet? or just over excited about me going over to 'the dark side' lol! XD

Shelster said:
Ha ha you typing from a tablet? or just over excited about me going over to 'the dark side' lol! XD
Both lol

Shel, I wouldn't toss anything that has just the bba on it. The long stringy stuff yeah, but my vallis looked just like yours and after I got the dosing up to 2/3, it all turned red and stopped growing. Then it kinda died off, and by then my vallis needed a trim. Ā The only algae that still is a slight problem for me is the gsa. You'll be amazed at what the liquid co2 will do. I just got my order of dry ferts in, and it seems much more difficult than it actually is. I think it's kind of fun lol, but that could be just me hehe.Ā Hang in there!!

greenmumma141 said:
Shel, I wouldn't toss anything that has just the bba on it. The long stringy stuff yeah, but my vallis looked just like yours and after I got the dosing up to 2/3, it all turned red and stopped growing. Then it kinda died off, and by then my vallis needed a trim. Ā The only algae that still is a slight problem for me is the gsa. You'll be amazed at what the liquid co2 will do. I just got my order of dry ferts in, and it seems much more difficult than it actually is. I think it's kind of fun lol, but that could be just me hehe.Ā Hang in there!!
Ha ha thanks greenmumma - it is daunting I don't know why, I've done much more daunting things in my life than adding a few powdered sachets to a tank of water! :D

greenmumma141 said:
If you have GSA up your phosphate in your macro and this will cure it:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back