Help Please, Before I Bin All My Plants :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shelster just working out your new dosing schedule. How big is your tank in question? In litres please:)

SLIM said:
Shel, I wouldn't toss anything that has just the bba on it. The long stringy stuff yeah, but my vallis looked just like yours and after I got the dosing up to 2/3, it all turned red and stopped growing. Then it kinda died off, and by then my vallis needed a trim.  The only algae that still is a slight problem for me is the gsa. You'll be amazed at what the liquid co2 will do. I just got my order of dry ferts in, and it seems much more difficult than it actually is. I think it's kind of fun lol, but that could be just me hehe. Hang in there!!
If you have GSA up your phosphate in your macro and this will cure it:)

I've only been dosing for a couple days, so I was going to see if it cleared up after a week or so, but I guess I could add a bit more :)

greenmumma141 said:
Shel, I wouldn't toss anything that has just the bba on it. The long stringy stuff yeah, but my vallis looked just like yours and after I got the dosing up to 2/3, it all turned red and stopped growing. Then it kinda died off, and by then my vallis needed a trim.  The only algae that still is a slight problem for me is the gsa. You'll be amazed at what the liquid co2 will do. I just got my order of dry ferts in, and it seems much more difficult than it actually is. I think it's kind of fun lol, but that could be just me hehe. Hang in there!!
If you have GSA up your phosphate in your macro and this will cure it:)

I've only been dosing for a couple days, so I was going to see if it cleared up after a week or so, but I guess I could add a bit more :) Oh ok. No no like you say give it a few weeks before upping dosages:)

The guide Ive been following says to only dose the traces 1/8 tsp 3x a week. that doesn't seem like much at all. Would 1/4 or 1/2 be better?  

sorry for question bombing your thread, Shelster. I've become a rude little thread crasher 
no.gif

greenmumma141 said:
The guide Ive been following says to only dose the traces 1/8 tsp 3x a week. that doesn't seem like much at all. Would 1/4 or 1/8 be better?  
Not sure what analysis your trace has but I mix 2tsp of trace into 500ml of boiled and cooled water and dose 5ml per 50L daily.

Sent you your dosing regime shelster:)

greenmumma141 said:
The guide Ive been following says to only dose the traces 1/8 tsp 3x a week. that doesn't seem like much at all. Would 1/4 or 1/2 be better?  

sorry for question bombing your thread, Shelster. I've become a rude little thread crasher :no:
im going to send you the same dosing schedule I just sent shelster. Follow this as close as you can. Ignore the cabon dosage iv set for her as this is calibrated for her and her tank size. Should give you and idea on how to mix and dose:)

greenmumma141 said:
The guide Ive been following says to only dose the traces 1/8 tsp 3x a week. that doesn't seem like much at all.
Trace mix - Required in Trace amounts.....

looks very bad algae, remove all infected plants, do huge water changes, and water tests.
fish waste ?
plants waste?
probably your NO2 and NO3 its extremely high.
Use seachem Prime or Purigen

Looks to me like I have the same problem , although im not putting in anything apart from the weekly water change ( which I have broken down to smaller amounts daily ...  

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back