Hello!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Courtney_H

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Courtney and I already have set up a 38 gallon tank I received for my birthday in November. Id like to add some more hiding places and decor, but My fish are currently doing good but I had a few questions about my tank. Right now I have 5 Dalmatian Mollies, 6 tiger barbs, 2 Bala sharks, one Red tailed shark, two snails (I believe they were called mystery snails..) and 2 algae eating fish(whose name I forget ). I had asked for 3 Bala Sharks but after doing some research I see I had gotten a Rainbow Shark by mistake. I did some research on the sharks and I am worried for my red tailed shark since I read they are territorial towards each other. I have noticed the Rainbow and Red tail chaise each other a few time during feeding but that's all I've seen, fins look ok so far. If I needed to get rid of one of them, which one would anyone suggest I keep or which to return.. also I am really wondering if there were any more fish I could fit in my tank without problems? Another worry was during feeding a few of my mollies were nipping each other too, I was wondering if that was normal or a bad sign?
Thanks! I'll try to upload some pictures next

Mollies nipping at each other is completely normal behavior. However, if the nipping turns into biting or harassing a particular fish, the bully may need to be quarantined.

EDIT-- Forgot to say hi. :}
:hi:

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back