Hello all!

Ortegai

Reaction score
G'day from Australia!

I am primarily a fish hobbyist in my spare time ever since I sold my sports car; fish keeping is a fantastic past time and I've got a bit more time now that I have swopped careers at work. Cars used to be a passion and that kept me busy for the last 15 years. I try to breed apistos and this forum is a breath of fresh air.

Looking forward to joining this community and contributing where I can, thank you.:yahoo:

8Ox3C6A.jpg

kEZfA9t.jpg

Last edited:
Hello 👋🏻 fine specimens you've got there 😍

Thanks guys for the welcome, I've kept apistos for *geez* I'm getting old, around 20 years on and off.
They've got me hooked on aquariums - lucky I've got a very understanding partner that supports me in the hobby. Breeding apistos is my goal with each species I get. Australia has some very strict laws around animal quarantine and that limits the species we get. I can count 8-10 types and that's it! ????

They're slowly growing on me, I got this pair from a breeder and the male is just 3cm / female 2cm.
Apistos aren't easy to keep, but once you have the right parameters, they just thrive. They eat nothing but baby brine shrimp and will ignore anything that comes out of a packet or canister for now. Love them to bits!

They're slowly growing on me, I got this pair from a breeder and the male is just 3cm / female 2cm.
Apistos aren't easy to keep, but once you have the right parameters, they just thrive. They eat nothing but baby brine shrimp and will ignore anything that comes out of a packet or canister for now. Love them to bits!

Welcome to the forum!! :hi:

When it comes to Apistos and Killies, we have our very own expert breeder, although he's very modest and won't easily admit it, but if you have any questions or challenges with apistos, he's your man!

Apistos you say? ortegai you name yourself.... glad to meet you.

^^^^ That one up there. Hence his excitement at you mentioning apistos and your name ;):lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back