Hello Again...hello!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Stunner :) thinking of getting one myself in the near future :) how much did he set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Stunner :) thinking of getting one myself in the near future :) how much did he set you back if you don't mind me asking?

He was £22 from Interfish in Ossett nr Leeds.

He's not fed yet tho, still seems a little grumpy :angry:

Hopefully he will come around soon

Good news :hyper: My flymo blenny has fed twice today and made himself a little burrow under the rock cave section to the right of the tank :good:

Also realised i have hundreds of brittle stars all in my rock work...gonna keep my tank clean nicely :good:

Clean up crew ordered from www.marinelivestock.co.uk:

7x mexican red hermits
4x Astrea Snail
3x Nassarius Snails
2x Peppermint Shrimp

and i treated myself to some lovely metalic green star polyps

stars.jpg

Been a long time since i have updated this i just realised whilst browsing other peoples journals.

Well there has been good news and bad news in unequal measures really.

The good news;
My Live Rock is doing well and colouring up nicely. My blenny has settled in nicely and is a really good character. I have also introduced a beautiful 6 Line Wrasse to the set up. Other good news is that the system still has no leaks and is working perfectly, ive mounted the brackets for the lighting unit now too so it no longer needs to sit on the top which was a pain for access. Oh and my clean up crew arrived which have settled in well. Picked up a frag of hammer coral, a beautiful toadstool leather, and a duncan coral that unfortunately isnt doing to well.

The bad news;
Unfortunately the female clown managed somehow to pop out the tank in the night despite the acrylic lids that reside over the baffles... :( I believe it was down to the powerhead i was using being to powerful and as it was tilted slightly upwards could it seems move the lid.

The second bit of bad news, related to the first was that i purchased a beautiful Copperband Butterfly who was feeding from frozen and flake. A beautiful addition to my tank and a lovely fish to watch glide around. Unfortunately i came down stairs one morning to find him stuck to a powerhead...dead :( Some how the powerhead was powerful enough to pull his large surface area towards it and hold him there, suffocating him in effect.

After these two incidents i went through the same process that im sure many fish keepers do when they loose a fish of not knowing if i wanted to continue the hobby...

After a few days i shook off the doubt though, and have ordered new Koralia powerheads. I was more disappointed because i felt responsible for these to fish dying through buying slightly cheap powerheads. Although i presumed they wouldn't be dangerous to the fish as surely that's what they are designed for.

My Koralias should be here in a couple of days anyway so i will be throwing my current powerheads out of a high window as soon as they do.

Im writing this at work so i will get some images later on for you to look at the good news...

I'm sorry to hear about your fish - but, it is very unlikely the pump would have been strong enough to pull a healthy fish into it, so I suspect he was unwell.

What are your plans now?

I'm sorry to hear about your fish - but, it is very unlikely the pump would have been strong enough to pull a healthy fish into it, so I suspect he was unwell.

What are your plans now?

Hello Seffie, Yeah its hard to tell why it died. It had no sign of any disease and was really active...I'd refused about half a dozen from various shops before deciding on that one as i knew they can be a little tricky to keep. Its a shame and kinda put me off keeping them, i'm still not sure if i want another one but they are such a beautiful fish i imagine i will try again at some point.

As for my plans going forward...

I have met a guy from Wales who deals in the kind of rare different coloured Zoas. We have managed to do a deal on some equipment he was looking for that i had spare and he is paying me in some beautiful frags. These are beeing sent today so should be with me tommorow so im making a frag rack this evening for them.

On the fish front i am planning to add a royal gramma at some point in the next two weeks and then i shall be waiting till the end of July before adding the next one. 2 reasons behind that, 1. i have just started a new job so finances are a little stretched till the first full pay check arrives and 2. i am not really sure what i want to add next after the gramma.

I will be adding a pair of cleaner shrimp and a few turbos at some point to to bolster my clean up crew too.

I appologise again for lack of pictures in the post and i will take some pictures this evening of current set up :good:

I decided to make a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAhyR9gyujo

Sorry its not the best quality in the world, but i only have an iPhone :alien:

Just realised the original version still has my girlfriend shouting at the cat it in it and the other noise is our dog whinging :blush:

Audio swap is being processed :good:

Looks good to me :good:

Do you upload the video from your phone straight to youtube or via itunes?

Seffie x

Looks good to me :good:

Do you upload the video from your phone straight to youtube or via itunes?

Seffie x

i uploaded it straight from my iPhone to youtube...theres a neat tool in youtube where you can select audio swap and choose one of their audio tracks to put over it.

My Koralias came last night, brilliant little power heads. Got a pair of 2800's and got a tunze 6045 in the post on the way too.

Also built my own frag rack using some egg crate, algae magnet and milliput in preparation for my selection of rare zoa frags that are coming today...very excited, pictures will follow :good:

Well my zoa frags have arrived and are looking good so far. A few heads have opened up and are looking very bright. Not sure my iphone is doing them justice buthere is a photo i have just taken...

photo%2823%29.JPG

Just thought i'd pop in with a further update on the zoas.. They have all apart from one frag settled in well. So using my frag kit i have attached them all to one rock with a view to them growing out and making a beautiful display. All apart from one frag that i am most fond of which i have pt in a speperate loaction (you can see in the video below).

On to the brilliant news....

Last night i picked up what i can only describe as the deal of the centuary from a lovely guy and his wife who were breaking down their marine tank... heres what i bought;

40KG Live rock (really stunning rock as you can see in the vid)
1 scooter blenny
9 blue hermits
2 emerald crabs
5 cerith snails
6 asteria snails
7 turbo snails
1 small anemone
2 bright orange mushrooms
3 pieces of carpet xenia
1 toadstool leather
half a bucket of salt
a refractometer

and my favourite of all a piece of live rock with 17 heads of ricodea (the bright green ones)

had a lot of fun getting it all out of the tank with the guy.

Made a nice addition to my tank and i still have around 20 - 25kg left over of live rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCfY7pI7oGE

That is a very good deal! You must be very happy. :)

Tank looks great.

Most reactions

Back