Heater Failing?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AshleyT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys iv just done my water change an when iv turned everything back in the heater is making a sort of small crackling noise, iv never heard this before or taken notice to it. Is it just on warming up the water or is it something bad? It's one of those jewel heaters what goes inside the filter box

Does not sound normal to me.

Is the heat in tank water steady at whatever temp you set it for?

Have you unplugged the heater before doing the water change?
Most heaters don't like being activated when no water is around it!

The water is always at 26 an all plugs are to an extension an I turn them all of apart from lights so I can see what I'm doing

Give it a while just to see if anything changes, does the heater itself look ok, no cracks or anything like that?

Just took the heater out an unplugged an what a tit I am haha it's not the heater the filter pump wasn't pushed down properly so faulse alarm guys

Keep Calm and Don't Panic is wise words........
smile.png

Glad nothing serious and everything is ok.

Yeah to be fair iv never had a problem with the tank iv got apart from an old s***ty filter of eBay other than that iv never had a problem

Thats the risk you take when buying from eBay or from car boot sales and the like. 
confused.gif

Personally I once bought a small filter from a car boot sale, set it up to test in a small tank with just water and it stopped working after an hour! 

It happens and just have to chalk it up to "experience"! 
rolleyes.gif

Haha yeah I'm happy with my jewel am fluval filters until upgrade tank then ill go for the externals

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back