Poorly angel fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

THE1TUCKER

Reaction score
Hey, so we are very new to keeping fish and up until now we have had no issues,

I guess Iā€™m after confirmation really, we have an angel fish that appears to have a cloudy eye, I assumed she ā€œnickedā€ it in the tank but the other eye isnā€™t looking to good either, she isnā€™t eating and kinda just bobbing where as before full of character

Is it cloudy eye from trauma?
Something else?

What can be done to help?
Iv done a water change just incase,
Added the anti bacteria, but that was only added today, cloudy eye was noticed 2 days ago

All parameters are good, regular water changes
She is with another angel but we have never seen them be aggressive with each other and have paired up, although will chase her when in season? Any thoughts on it greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4579.jpeg
    IMG_4579.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 5
It does look like the eye got damaged and the cloudiness is from that. I had one of my angels with a damaged eye and he just got better over a week using beneficial neglect. My angel was still eating with the damaged eye unlike your description, so my method of ignoring the issue might not work for you. I have little experience with fish diseases so it will likely be better to see of someone else has something to say. I tend to not treat my tanks unless I know what the issue.

It does look like the eye got damaged and the cloudiness is from that. I had one of my angels with a damaged eye and he just got better over a week using beneficial neglect. My angel was still eating with the damaged eye unlike your description, so my method of ignoring the issue might not work for you. I have little experience with fish diseases so it will likely be better to see of someone else has something to say. I tend to not treat my tanks unless I know what the issue.
Thank you for you feedback, greatly appreciated. Regards treating the tank, we have another angel in there and is fine, a bit of antibacterial solution is only to help with infection and shouldnā€™t affect the other angel or change the parameterā€™s of the tank . Hopefully she just gets better with time

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back