Hayley's Cycle Log

well...tank 2 is having a wobble now....Ni was 2ppm this morning..but the amm was 0. Na's were between 80-120ppm :crazy:
see what its like tonight for the 24 hr reading!! :look:

Tank 1 was 0.25 Amm and 0.25 Ni so bobbing about a bit.

tank 3 amm was still 3-4ppm this morning...Ni was still 0 and Na rose to 0.25ppm (again dark yellow) this is how tank 1 started...so hopefully its starting now!!

hows your new baby coming along Cezza?

Not so bad. Got my first 0 for ammonia this morning 11 days into the cycle, and my nitrite should be going off the scale any day now. Redosed ammonia to 4ppm, looking forward to seeing how quickly it clears this second batch.

Not so bad. Got my first 0 for ammonia this morning 11 days into the cycle, and my nitrite should be going off the scale any day now. Redosed ammonia to 4ppm, looking forward to seeing how quickly it clears this second batch.
yeah...and i love the look of your tank..wish i was more imaginative?

There's not really much to my tank at the moment. I've taken the background out since that photo was taken and replaced it with a plain blue one. I don't know if it's just my imagination but the water looks so much cleaner with it!

I've got a really lovely piece of bogwood on order that should be with me any day now, gonna soak that until my cycle's done, then plant it up. I read this article on aquascaping in the plant section, it really inspired me. Gonna try to go for a triangle scape. http://www.fishforum...in-aquascaping/
It'll work well for my tank as I view it from both the front and the right hand side, so gonna put all my decorations in the left corner so nothing's obscured.

they all look lovely.....but i dont think my imagination will stretch that far. I'd probably put all the wrong plants in and have no room for fish :/

I really don't know much about plants either. If you look on eBay and plant website, alot of them do a starter pack kind of thing where they'll give you so many plants for X quid. Probably gonna buy one of those to get me started then buy other plants singly to make up the rest.

I sort of know what you mean though. That article inspired me, but at the same time I was thinking my tank will never look as good as that!

well Tank 1 AND Tank 2 BOTH rewarded me with Double 0's tonight....Tank 2 has been like it for a couple of nights now, but we will see...they are definatly clearing 3ppm in 24hrs....now to get it to 12hrs!!!
Dosed them both up to 4ppm tonight...so we will see what the morning brings! xx :look:

Jealous. 24 days in and my tank still hasnt dropped to 0 ammonia ONCE!

Jealous. 24 days in and my tank still hasnt dropped to 0 ammonia ONCE!
mine didnt drop the first time till day 19...and this was with half mature media...
just out of intrest do you check your PH??? My Tank 2 plummeted to 6.3 at one point, this slows the cycle?? Just a thought? Hope you see some yellows soon xx

Looks like I'm a few days behind you both. My Ammonia is dropping slowly but my Nitrites shot up today.

Wife is getting real impatient now as she wants the fish in by Xmas.

HayzH, lay those readings out so they're actually readable! That post is in such a state that I have no idea where to start! Try something like this:
Code:
Day  Ammonia  Nitrite  Nitrate     pH   Comments
01   1.0 ppm  5+  ppm  80-160 ppm  7.2  Some comments
02   0.0 ppm  5.0 ppm  80-160 ppm  7.2  More comments
(That's done using code tags ;) )

Have you done some major water changing to get nitrite into readable territory? The readings are useless if they're over 5 ppm because for all you know, it's already processing at a rate of 10+ ppm per 12 hours. I also recommend that you actually watch the nitrite test develop while it's next to the chart and watch it go through all the colour swatches so you can estimate better where it is.

Yeah nirate's look like there all over, they should always be going up noe down?. At 160ppm+ i would do a water change to get the ball rolling again :good:

wasnt aware i had to do any water changes?
and what are code tags?

You don't *have to*, but if you can't see what's happening, how can you tell what's happening? ;) For all you know, you cycle has long since been finished.

and what are code tags?
To open it is
Code:
[code]
and the same but with a / between the [ and c for closing. Insert your information between the tags so that you the post shows everything nicely lined up (you can also use tabs between each row and even those will be lined up). They work similar as the quote tags and img tags; they are marked as "<>" at the top of the "Full Editor" for the post.

You don't *have to*, but if you can't see what's happening, how can you tell what's happening? ;) For all you know, you cycle has long since been finished.

and what are code tags?
To open it is
Code:
[code]
and the same but with a / between the [ and c for closing. Insert your information between the tags so that you the post shows everything nicely lined up (you can also use tabs between each row and even those will be lined up). They work similar as the quote tags and img tags; they are marked as "<>" at the top of the "Full Editor" for the post.

yeah as clear as mud to me... :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back