Hayley's Cycle Log

He quoted what i said and added +1 which means he agree's with what i said :ninja:
Fank You :good:
done a 20% water change as the first didnt make a difference, i'm happy now that its def a 4ppm and my PH is 8.3 :look:
sound ok?

Perfect 4ppm ammonia tank temp 29c+ and a ph of 8+ is a great start in fact better then any of my tanks started with lol

Still worried my PH isnt high enough....my normal PH is 7.5...so its only a smidge over that.....do i need to raise it? Its been a week and no change grrrr impaitent! :grr:

just bought my second tank....another 70L (2ft) all complete. :)

You dont need to mess with your PH the only time it will slow a cycle is in the low 6's 6.5 and below is a maybe to start to mess. Ammonia will take 7-10 days to move and then nitrite can take double that

well here we are 1 week down...697 to go... :shout:
feeling really disheartened now....
People keep asking why there are no fish in our tank, and when i try to explain the confused looks on their faces say it all.
Hubby says we are keeping invisible fish, and we will put fishies on our christmas list at this rate for tank 1 and ask the easter bunny for tank 2....BUT Tank 2 (the newer of the 2) Ammonia dropped from 4ppm to 2ppm overnight, so this is the first movement i've seen yet.
So now i have to wait for it to drop to 0 then bang it back up to 4ppm... -_-

At least your out the starting blobks also you have the peace of mind you didt hurt any fish and you did right :good:

At least your out the starting blobks also you have the peace of mind you didt hurt any fish and you did right :good:
i agree....when should i test tank 2 next? tonight? or wait till morning?

Perfect 4ppm ammonia tank temp 29c+ and a ph of 8+ is a great start in fact better then any of my tanks started with lol
ok the PH has fallen to 7.5 .. which is my normal PH...
is there a problem?

ok the PH has fallen to 7.5 .. which is my normal PH...
is there a problem?

I dont think so, the disolved nitrates should form nitric acid naturally which slowly lowers the PH, just watch out for a sudden drop to the low 7's high 6's. If you want to bring it back up while cycling use bicarbonate of soda, not sure on the dosing level but you wont need much

Most reactions

Back