Have Fun Stocking A 270 Gallon For Me

what are dither fish, just extra shoals/groups of fish in the tank as well as the show fish/main fish?
Yup to divert aggression.
The smaller more slow growing cheap fish first! :lol: And work from there.

Right, well I think I have enough fish on my wishlist, now I think it would be good to find out average prices-I have an idea with most but what do you think are fair prices for:
RTG Arrowana
Motoro Stingrays
Channa Pleurophthlama
Cichla intermedia
Cichla Orinocensis
Ornate Bichir
Megalodoras uranoscopus
Surubim lima
Royal clownknife

depends on sizes but:
RTG Arrowana 6": £400
Motoro Stingrays: £100 per cb pup
Channa Pleurophthlama: 6": £20-£30 (nelly would be best to ask about this one)
Cichla intermedia 3": £500+ and you'd have to import as there not yet available over here.
Cichla Orinocensis: 3": £35-£40
Ornate Bichir: 6": £20
Megalodoras uranoscopus 6": £25
Surubim lima 6": £15
Royal clownknife 10" £30

yes thats a good price for a pleuro, my lfs has two in which i spyed today, unsure of price,lady thinks there 30pounds each, there only 4ish inch long, if your intrested let me know i could ask them to hold em for a few days and post them up to you, postage usually around 10pound mark, up to you buddy,

if your near water zoo then im guessing your near peterborough and near ish to crowland as maiden head in crowland often has big fish and has a ray thats bigger than a dinner plate

yes thats a good price for a pleuro, my lfs has two in which i spyed today, unsure of price,lady thinks there 30pounds each, there only 4ish inch long, if your intrested let me know i could ask them to hold em for a few days and post them up to you, postage usually around 10pound mark, up to you buddy,
Think I'll get the tank running for a couple of months before hand, don't want to risk loosing a fish!

if your near water zoo then im guessing your near peterborough and near ish to crowland as maiden head in crowland often has big fish and has a ray thats bigger than a dinner plate
Cheers for that..Will have to go check it out sometime.

I've got a 30 gal and a 20 gal, each with one small bocourti, and I could have put 1 or two in there, but I'm collecting some fish needing rehoming off beasley, and so those tanks will be used...100gal has lymphocystis so they're not going in there :sad:

We will see though, I have some other empty tanks but I don't think there's any room to set them up, literally :lol:

Bulkheads in-check!
DSC00850.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

Have you been to Amwell aquatics in Soham, they have some really nice fish there and some very expensive aro's! Also get 10% discount card if you ask nicely. Tut Hill in bury did have a nice sized ray not sure if they still have it though!

exodon paradoxus. an a load of them at that.

your tank would look something like this...

DSC_0881.jpg

at least from the side view it would. ;)

Have you been to Amwell aquatics in Soham, they have some really nice fish there and some very expensive aro's! Also get 10% discount card if you ask nicely. Tut Hill in bury did have a nice sized ray not sure if they still have it though!
Cheers for the heads up :good:

exodon paradoxus. an a load of them at that.
Hmm, don 't like that :unsure:

Most reactions

Back