Have Fun Stocking A 270 Gallon For Me

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

cheesy feet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hmm well after around 2 1/2 years I should finally be setting up my 270 gal-315 gal system...With no money to stock it.H5! :unsure:
Video of progress on my YouTube channel.
I already have a basic idea of what I want to put in there.But what would you want to put in there?
Nothing ridiculous in price though..

It would probably end up with a load of predatory fish eating each other :lol:

I would get, rainbow channa [not sure of there latin name], some barca channa [nice & rare I think?] and some rare gars :D

Woo, just tested the two sumps and they're working great-thought I would have had to use flexible tubing to join the 4 bulkheads together (2 on each tank) but luckily my drilling skillz are accurate enough that the pvc pipes can join straight across.Now I need to put the baffles in and silicone the overflow, a job for tomorrow.

I would get, rainbow channa [not sure of there latin name], some barca channa [nice & rare I think?] and some rare gars :D
Chnna Bleheri?
Only need £2500 spare for channa barca :blink:
Never really looked into snake heads, but wouldn't they eat each other? :look:

:eek: channa barca are that expensive :eek: Even more than zebra plecs :shifty: Maybe you should get a common plec [it would just fit]

I'm liking the channa pleurophthalma- apparently its docile for a snakehead as well.
Basic stocking idea I have is motoro rays, herichthys bocourti, surubim lima catfish, megalodorus uranscopus (sp), dats, RTG arrowana, fire eel, cichla pinima- think that may actually be the huge species, in which case I'm thinking of one of the smaller ones.

yes you would be fine with those with channa, have you seen my stock list in the 5ft?

id say cichla pinima are big :lol:
cichla_pinima2.jpg

yes you would be fine with those with channa, have you seen my stock list in the 5ft?

id say cichla pinima are big :lol:
cichla_pinima2.jpg
Haha, thought that may of been the case.
And no, link please?
That's awesome I really like that channa..

Most reactions

Back