Hamburg Matten Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hope you had a good time in Glastonbury and on holiday!
I never did get a reply from the German manufacturer of those slot-in corner units, so I'm even more interested in your project now!
Hope to see more pictures soon.

glasto, in  a word was, AMAZING :) my first time there and can not wait to go next year.
that sucks about the german company maybe they dont ship so they mightn't of bothered because of that.
dont big it up to be more than it is, i'd hate to dissapoint you.
i get internet in my house tomorrow so i can upload then, atm my phone is running low on data so have to conserve it as much as possible

I should have recalled this sooner. I have a back burner project for a sump which involves sheets of poret foam and other media that needed to be held in place in the sump. I needed a way to hold things in place and after searching discovered clear plastic corner guards at Home Depot. They come in assorted widths and lengths and are easy to cut. Their normal use is to protect an L shaped corner from being banged and damaged. They look like this:

c1e8929e-b965-46b7-8dda-89c32b90f5e6_300.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trimaco-5-8-in-x-5-8-in-x-8-ft-Self-Stick-Plastic-Corner-Guard-Residential-11834A/202061361

It is easy to silicone one side to the glass and rhe othe edge then holds the foam in place.

Mine is L shaped for one, its clear for two and for three it comes in a variety of sizes. :p

C shaped. White filter foam anyways. And likewise haha but can see what you mean

Any updates about how this Hamburg marten Filter is going?

Is it doing the job as good as its supposed to do?

hi, sorry for the lack of updates, this tank has been running since i moved, unfortunately my betta died the other day (i think through old age as he was getting on a bit) so the tank is now home to 3 adult endlers and about a million fry :p i will post pics soon.
The filter is working perfectly, i admit that thicker foam would of been a plus but it handles all waste produced easily.
Would defiantly recommend as its like a sump, you cant see all the undesirables

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back