The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tmendoza18

Reaction score
My guppies eyes look low almost as if he is sad. All he does is hangout near the filter where the water falls in. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long has the tank been set up for?

Have you checked the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH?
If yes, what were the results in numbers?
If no, take a glass full of tank water to the local pet shop and ask them to test the water for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the test.

How long have you had the fish for?
What other fish are in the tank?
Have you added anything new to the tank in the last 2 weeks?

How often do you do water changes and gravel clean the substrate?
How much water do you change when you do a water change?

If you can post a picture of the fish and a short 20 second video it will help us work out what is going on.

The tank has been running for about two months. Previously I had 2 Cory catfish a black molly a tequila sunrise guppy and the Mickey Mouse platty. The black molly died for unknown reasons. Weeks later I decided to buy a few more guppies. I have a ten gallon tank btw. As a rookie mistake I decided to move my four guppies to my other tank where my goldfish was at and moved my goldfish to my ten gal. The tequila guppy started behaving odd so I moved him back to the ten gallon. Since then I move the gold fish back but the tequila guppy just swims at the top or sinks to the bottom.

My parameters are

Ammonia: 0.25 PPM
Nitrites : .5 PPM

The water quality is definitely part of it. Any ammonia or nitrite will harm the fish so you should try and do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate any day you have an ammonia or nitrite reading above 0.

When the ammonia and nitrite are 0 the fish should recover. If it doesn't then it could have a disease but I need a picture of the fish to try and identify any diseases that might be on it.

Depending on how often you are feeding the fish, you should reduce the feeding to once every second day and only give the fish as much food as they can eat in 20-30 seconds. Remove any uneaten food after that so it doesn't create more ammonia. Don't worry about the fish starving, they can go for weeks without food so being fed once every second day will not harm them.

The water quality is definitely part of it. Any ammonia or nitrite will harm the fish so you should try and do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate any day you have an ammonia or nitrite reading above 0.

When the ammonia and nitrite are 0 the fish should recover. If it doesn't then it could have a disease but I need a picture of the fish to try and identify any diseases that might be on it.

Depending on how often you are feeding the fish, you should reduce the feeding to once every second day and only give the fish as much food as they can eat in 20-30 seconds. Remove any uneaten food after that so it doesn't create more ammonia. Don't worry about the fish starving, they can go for weeks without food so being fed once every second day will not harm them.

I can’t upload the photo it says the file is too big. But I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. It does have some fun damage but I haven’t seen any bullying going on.

This is the guppy.

Attachments

• 5E2220AC-8A17-411B-B8FD-BB82D9D5B6D1.jpeg
    5E2220AC-8A17-411B-B8FD-BB82D9D5B6D1.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 135

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back