Guppies In A Pond?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tcamos said:
Perfect examples. Ludwig, how hot does it get there?
I had those ponds in the Limpopo province Tc..... where worst case scenarios fell to minimums of 12 deg C (mid winter).... but averaged around 33 in summer... (up to 41)...... I moved to Kimberley about 8 months ago... where we do go into the minuses (in winter) and I have heat the ponds with 400W heaters in each....(about 2,000 +l each... 5 of them)..... In summer I can switch off again....averaging around 30....... (not nearly what you fetch in Arizona though).....

LOL, yes, that's relatively cool at 33 (91.5F). I know a few people with ponds here, those with koi or goldies don't heat them at all, but those with flagfish, etc. have to even here but we don't worry so much about cool, it's the heat that really kills. I've always loved budgies and cockatiels but am allergic to them so want to keep them outside but it get so hot they just sit there panting, I finally had to just give them to someone who could keep them indoors.

Most of my pets are used to heat. But they come inside the house if they want. But it seems we are going to move into a new house....ill have to see how big the backyard is.

you should do a gaint pond and put 3 guppies in it, a couples months later youll have a million of them.

i use this and dig in in ground.
have like 10 of them , and keep mostly guppies and rosy reds in.
051596080167sm.jpg

True enough!

Lol true. I breed my guppies. Thst pond will be full prety soon...

We should make a movie! Guppies in a Pond! just like snakes on a plane! :D

haha , that guys so desperate i wouldnt be suprised to see that happen.

Filming starts monday. Anyone else wants to become a star?

Tell them to be quick and get to auditions. Im only getting professionals.

Your betta is in!!! I promise your betta will win at least 10 Oscars for this film!!!

Most reactions

trending

Back