Gourami tank

David

Neptune, god of the Sea
Reaction score
I really love gouramis, and I want to have a couple, but I can't because I have a betta in my 46 gallon tank. Don't even suggest moving him, that is not an option. He's just way too happy in that big tank. Anyway, I want to get a setup housing just gouramis. I want dwarf gouramis, blue gouramis, pearl gouramis, and/or kissing gouramis (they are not necessary). How big a tank should I get, and how big should it be?

Lol just disregard this post please as I am still in the process of considering what kind of tank to get mext. Gouramis seemed like a good idea. Still have to think about it though.

Do you mean that gouramis (dwarf) don't get along with bettas?

I've always wondered...if both fishes breathe through the labyrinth, how come bettas can be kept in 1 gallon containers and other similar fishes like drawf gouramis can't be?

Well alot of Gouramis are very nippy with bettas.

So I might suggest u get him another tank, a 10 gallon would be perfect for him alone maybe some corie friends.

A 46 gallon tank can house some gouramis.

I dont recommend the Kissing Gouramis those gouramis have to be the most sggresives of all. Mines chase eachother once in a while they kiss but just for the territory.

Also Pearls also get aggresive Not as much ad Kissers but they do...

What I suggest is some Three Spot Gouramis and some Gold Gouramis and of course opaline gouramis.

Also get some Danios for top action and some Clown loaches for bottom action.. :thumbs:

JoKeR said:
Well alot of Gouramis are very nippy with bettas.

So I might suggest u get him another tank, a 10 gallon would be perfect for him alone maybe some corie friends.

A 46 gallon tank can house some gouramis.

I dont recommend the Kissing Gouramis those gouramis have to be the most sggresives of all. Mines chase eachother once in a while they kiss but just for the territory.

Also Pearls also get aggresive Not as much ad Kissers but they do...

What I suggest is some Three Spot Gouramis and some Gold Gouramis and of course opaline gouramis.

Also get some Danios for top action and some Clown loaches for bottom action.. :thumbs:
I have some pearl gourami and they do fight a bit. :lol:

I would love to have some kissing gourami (Pink) Because they look so nice (but get so big).

Also if you do have a gourami tank remeber there will be fights seen as they share the same area.

I had a gold gourami in with my Betta and the gourami was terrified of the betta... It was more like the gourami was the betta's pet. Also, SimonA is correct about some brawling occuring because they do fight for the same territory (near the surface). I honestly don't see a reason to worry about a gourami in the 46gal w/ the betta... There should be enough room for each to establish enough territory without problems. :dunno:

tekknocolor said:
I had a gold gourami in with my Betta and the gourami was terrified of the betta... It was more like the gourami was the betta's pet. Also, SimonA is correct about some brawling occuring because they do fight for the same territory (near the surface). I honestly don't see a reason to worry about a gourami in the 46gal w/ the betta... There should be enough room for each to establish enough territory without problems. :dunno:
I dont know about other gourami but what ever you do dont put betta's and Pearl Gourami My betta was chasing my 2 pearls and actully trying to bite them. :-(

Most reactions

Back