Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gourami Site List.

Discussion in 'Gouramis and Anabantoids' started by SimonA, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Inchworm

Inchworm Li'l Ole Fish Lady

Hi jlunde96 :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Tattooing is the current "in" term for the cruel practice of injecting dyes into a fish for decorative purposes. :eek: It is sometimes done to gouramis. Here's a link that shows a picture of one. Just scroll down to the "Polka Dot Gourami" to see an example of it. :sad:

http://www.deathbydyeing.org/colormedead.htm

2. FCRM91488

FCRM91488 Member

betta abd gourami fan here....used to have a male betta but unfortunetly he died of old age.....just started with gouramis and i love them....just last week i successfully breeded an opaline and a gold gourami....more then 200 frys....hopefully when i got more room and money i will start to bred bettas...but for now...gouramis rock!! :)

3. redtailblackshark

I just realized I got ripped off at wal-mart. That's what happens when a guy who works at electronics gets your fish.I was supposed to get a dwarf gourami, which is 6.00, but he gave me a danded gourami, which is worth 4.00. I don't really care about the money, I just think they should get people to work at the fish section who can tell what fish they are, and get the right ones. :no:

4. leostockton2007

hello...
    yes i agree gourami`s are lovely fish , i just got 4 ther other day but im abit unsure what type they are and how big they get, my girlfriend bought them and didnt assk wot they were ya see. 2 of them are orange with a lovely blue tail which really stands out (LFS said they are honey gourami`s but theyre not the same as the pic that was displayed earlier) so id like 2 know what they are and how big they get, also she bought 2 bright yellow beautiful gourami`s which are alot larger than the orange ones. id like 2 know what theyre called and how big they get as i think theyre guna be big ones.
    id really appreciate it if u cud help me, thanks
    LEO
    :rolleyes:

MY AQUARIUM
    3 clown loaches, 3 cory`s, 1 common plec (if theres another name for the common plec cud u let m kno plz) , 8 neons, 2 blue rams, 2 honey gourami`s, 2 ytellow gourami`s ? , red tailed shark and 3 candy loaches ( botia something?? ) (plz cud u help me identify the candy loach aswell as im not 2 sure wot the proper name is. thanks
    :good:

5. hedgehog738

hedgehog738 Member

gouramis are awsome. im setting up a 250L gourami tank in the next week or so :D