Good Plant for my Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Souperman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Currently I have water wisteria and anubias nana petite in my tank but a certain corner of my tank has nothing planted in it. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for it? Picture is below.

Attachments

• IMG_2835.JPG
    IMG_2835.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 60
I tend to prefer a standing chunk of wood for rear corners, but there are some plants that will work. Light often being less in these areas, the low-light plants like Anubias and Java Fern are good; they can be attached to a chunk of wood or rock. Java Moss will spread over wood too. Stem plants will fill in the space, but the lower leaves will probably not get sufficient light and yellow and fall off.

Byron.

Thanks for the response. Was thinking of attaching something to the rock possibly as I don't think I currently have a place for any wood. Was hoping there was some time of small low growing plant for the front corner as my other corner has a little rectangular shaped driftwood with the Anubis nana petite on it and my back corners already have the wisteria.

Thanks for the response. Was thinking of attaching something to the rock possibly as I don't think I currently have a place for any wood. Was hoping there was some time of small low growing plant for the front corner as my other corner has a little rectangular shaped driftwood with the Anubis nana petite on it and my back corners already have the wisteria.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was the front corner. Here, a small bit of rock or wood works to sort of "hide" the fact that it is a corner. As for low plants, the chain sword is ideal. Some of the crypts. Depends upon your lighting and nutrients/parameters, but these tend to do well without much fuss. The more "carpet" type plants usually need more light/nutrients.

Thanks for the suggestions will look into those.

Sometimes a photo illustrates, so here is one of my 70g Amazonian riverscape as it was initially set up (that's why no fish). The small chunks of wood in the front corners are now covered in moss, and some of the chain swords (the small substrate plants in the corners) have beeen removed to open up the sand more for the 50-odd cories now in this tank, but I think you get the idea how these things make the corners somehow less obvious as corners.

Attachments

• 70g Feb 14-16.JPG
    70g Feb 14-16.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 60
That's really cool. Trying not as much to hide a corner as I am just trying to fill in a very open space in my tank with something that will look good and benefit my tank in the long run rather then just empty substrate. The look of the corners don't really bother me as much as unused substrate space. A natural looking thank is what I am trying to go for in the long run.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back