Good Parenting Or Bad Parenting? You Decide?

Keeper Of Cichlids

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU

IMO its parenting at its best.
The father is showing his authority and showing his daughter that you cannot get away with things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU

Crazy redneck. :grr:
It was inapropriate, but shooting the laptop? That was dumb. Now he has to buy her another one :nod:

Then again, she was really rude and disrepsectful, and the thing about "I have to go to bed at 10 because i'm too tired to do anything else"

Well, #93### girl, I'm in highschool and i go to bed at 8...soooooo.....

i think he is a good dad, a #41#### good dad. this doesn't change the fact that he love's his daughter. it just changes his mind in what he needs to do to discipline her and provide her with consequence. i think he is more than fair, and i think he did what he needed to do. and i also think he held back alot of anger on the matter considering. but still, i think he probably could have sold that laptop instead of destroying it.

It was inapropriate, but shooting the laptop? That was dumb. Now he has to buy her another one :nod:
:rofl: no he doesn't! Where in the US law does it state that parents have to buy their children laptops?! If you listen, what he actually says is that if she wants another one she can earn herself the money, save up and buy herself one, after she's paid him back for the new software he installed on it.

Imo that's a good lesson for any child (or adult!) to learn. 1, debts must be repaid. 2, money must be earned through paid work (and no, I don't believe chores count - I don't get paid to clean my house!) And 3, expensive things have to be saved up for. It takes a long time. A lot longer than you'd like. But that's how life works.

Then again, she was really rude and disrepsectful, and the thing about "I have to go to bed at 10 because i'm too tired to do anything else"

Well, #93### girl, I'm in highschool and i go to bed at 8...soooooo.....
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I fall into bed each evening exhausted. If I manage to stay up til 11 I consider that a late night. Life is tiring. Get used to it cuz it'll only get worse as you get older.

Lol great parenting pretty funny tbh :rofl:

Fair play to him 100% right. Would do the exact same to my son, the only thing he did wrong was not know how many rounds was in the magazine as he fired tut tut :good:

Parents will agree with this thread chavs will not lol :lol:

I think he did the right thing. That child was downright disrespectful. Sounds like something my sister would do.

She embarrassed him and his wife by writing nasty things about them online, so he embarrassed her online, Universe restored she had it coming.

Best dad ever. That kid is a spoiled brat to leave such a message. I'd be pissed off too if I was him, providing a kid with fancy electronics and a home while demanding so little chores, then seeing a message like that after upgrading the machine it was left on for her.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back