Good Fish For A 15 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

could you guys name some of the most colourful livebearers or most interesting livebearers or something along the lines of one also how many of each type you name can be kept in a 15 gallon. also i was wondering if there were andy fish like piranhas that could fit in a 15 gallon but i know no piranha can fit in a 15 gallon from what ive heard.

15 gallons would be fine for endlers, guppies or platys. All of them very colourful, sociable, work well with each other, too. You could fit in say a dozen male guppies quite happily. Or 7-8 platys. Or a mix. Female guppies are about 2 inches, and platys about the same.

You can have one sex only, or a gender ratio of at least 2 females/male (livebearers are oversexed, so pairs or more males than females would put a lot of pressure on the females). If you have mixed genders you will get fry; they may get eaten or fill your tank (depending on individuals).

In my 15 gallons I started out with an assortment of 3 guppies and 3 platys- 2 females and 1 male of each; this is understocked but I was thinking of the fry. Which was just as well- I have now got 25 babies, and am trying to talk the family into buying another tank.

hey does anyone have any ideas for a carnivorous fish for a 15 gallon i want a fish like this that grows to atleast 5 inches but is suitable for a 15 gallon tank my tank is 2 feet long 13 inches wide and about a foot tall

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back