Good Fish For A 15 Gallon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joker589

Reaction score
hi i was wondering what are good fish for a 15 gallon tank(they can be school fish or just a single fish that is good for a 15 gallon tank but if its a single fish it has to be carnivorous or really interesting) please tell names and maximum sizes also for the school fish please tell me how many of the type you state can be in the 15 gallon together

Here are some species you could keep

a pair of dwarf gouramis would work well
6 small tetras (glowlights for example)
3 female american flag fish
3 or 4 female bettas
1 male betta
pretty much any shrimp
african dwarf frogs

note you can't keep all of these, but these are secies that would be happy in a 15 gallon tank!

Well, first step to take is go to your lps and eye a few fish you would enjoy looking at for as long as you intend to keep your set up, set up that way...

a corydora or two would be great too :).

if you want carnivorous fish, a dwarf puffer would be more than happy in a 15 gallon tank. you might be able to keep 2 as well!

bettas are carnivorous but the tank would look quite empty with only a betta in it.

as i said before, small tetras will school and be happy in there

a corydora or two would be great too :).

No, they want to school. Three corydoras or four, you mean. Or otos (though they like a mature tank).

Rasboras are great schooling fish. May look dull in the shop, but when they are happy the colours are beautiful.

The smaller livebearers of course would be happy. Endlers, guppies, platies.

Plenty of tetras to choose from (though many need an established tank).

if your after a carnivarous fish african clawed frogs are good just make sure you get an afrian clawed frog not an african dwarf frog seen as you want a predator

Dwarf Gourami's definitely.
They have a nice blue colour to them and are very peaceful, sometimes a bit too shy.
Overall though, they are a very nice fish to keep. Make sure you keep some plants in there for them to hide though. I caught a neon chasing it before, that's how shy they can be. I wouldn't recommend a pair of gourami's because it sometimes ends up in a fight to the death match. 1 or 3 usually work. :thumbs:

I'm thinking he wants a fish though? and not one single frog? but I may be wrong.

if you want carnivorous fish, a dwarf puffer would be more than happy in a 15 gallon tank. you might be able to keep 2 as well!
Actually, he could keep 3. The general rule for pufferes is one puffer is 5 gallon, am I correct?

I think you are right ethos, that's what I've always heard anyways.

could you guys name some of the most colourful livebearers or most interesting livebearers or something along the lines of one also how many of each type you name can be kept in a 15 gallon. also i was wondering if there were andy fish like piranhas that could fit in a 15 gallon but i know no piranha can fit in a 15 gallon from what ive heard.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back