Glass surfing or normal cory behavior?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks. For me, the most frustrating thing is, most of my fish die of things that I can't even identify or are 'rare'-ish, not ich or velvet or dropsy or something I can identify. The pepper died of suspected protozoan on the brain (funky swimming), the pygmy died of... paleness? I don't even know how it died. One of my neons died riddled with black spots suspected to be holes by worms boring it from inside out, one pepper vanished, one pepper I just came home to find dead...

Either I'm terrible or cursed.
I'm thinking terrible, as since moving them to the new tank there hasn't been any problems.... which is great :).

Thanks. For me, the most frustrating thing is, most of my fish die of things that I can't even identify or are 'rare'-ish, not ich or velvet or dropsy or something I can identify. The pepper died of suspected protozoan on the brain (funky swimming), the pygmy died of... paleness? I don't even know how it died. One of my neons died riddled with black spots suspected to be holes by worms boring it from inside out, one pepper vanished, one pepper I just came home to find dead...

Either I'm terrible or cursed.
I'm thinking terrible, as since moving them to the new tank there hasn't been any problems.... which is great :).
Oh my--I've never even heard of protozoan on the brain! Well you learn something new every day...
My last julii cory simply disappeared. I searched the entire tank for it--filter canister and tube, through gravel (skeleton? It was with several other cories...), under décor, on the carpet AROUND my tank...nada. While a pale cory doesn't sound that odd (just malnourished, perhaps? I hate to sound like I'm mansplaining because I seriously don't know there--most cories I've seen about to die however have been pale-looking), for them to simply be dropping dead for no good reason sounds like a major pain in the butt.
But I wouldn't label yourself "terrible"--while it's great that there haven't been anymore deaths, perhaps there was just a bout of mystery illness in the other tank? Schooling/shoaling fish can be some of my favorites, but the random crap ("hey friend, I'm feeling a little pale--wanna drop dead with me?") they seem to spread to each other blows my mind

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back