Gelt's Fishless Cycle Log

Day 23 - 0700 hrs - nearly doubles again...Ammonia 0.25 and N02 0.25....

@ 1900 hrs double zeros...great

PH stable 7.6 - 7.4
Temp 29.5C

Tank looks messy ! needs a clean lol

G

Congrats Gelt your getting there. What's in your tank at the moment? mines as clean as a whistle. I do have one of those magnetic algae cleaners however.

i have 1x bogwood (was soaked for at least 3 weeks prior to putting in tank)
1x tree root, mopani i think
3 x purple slate
1 x half smally terracotta pot
1x small terracotta pot
Argos sand substrate

thats it apart from the Filter pipes and glass thermometer and digital thermometer probe.

Day 24 - 0700 hrs Ammonia 0 N02 0 ! at last

1900 hrs same double zeros - Ammonia re-dosed to 4ppm

Another few days of this then am i done?

G

Congratz man, mines not quite there yet nitrite just won't get down in 12 hours.

i think i have read your log correctly as im reading it on the not so smart smartphone! That is your first double zero after 12hrs? If so then you are starting your qualifying week!Congrats! That is fantastic progress.

Now is the time to watch those nitrates.. there is another member on here, who after two 90-100% water changes with 20 ppm tap water still has nitrates off the scale...

i think i have read your log correctly as im reading it on the not so smart smartphone! That is your first double zero after 12hrs? If so then you are starting your qualifying week!Congrats! That is fantastic progress.
I think that's a bit early.. it sometimes takes a few days of double zeros to get consistent ones at 12 hours ;)

Now is the time to watch those nitrates.. there is another member on here, who after two 90-100% water changes with 20 ppm tap water still has nitrates off the scale...

I think that's a bit early.. it sometimes takes a few days of double zeros to get consistent ones at 12 hours ;)

Agree with Kat about the nitrates.

People have been talking about double zeros recently when they have been referring to a drop over 24hrs.
Day 23 1900hrs ammonia dosed 4ppm to Day 24 0700 doube zero.
I think any double zero at 12hrs is worth celebrating! :drinks:
The qualifying week seperates the men from the boys!

Day 25 - 0700 hrs test - Ammonia processing no problem is 12 hrs, N02 seems to be between 1-2 ppm , hope this is not a stall!

PH stable
Temp stable
Filter functioning correctly, no reduction in water flow.

will test gain at 1300 hrs to see if any improvement in N02

G

Doh!
Never mind. Thats why the qualifying week is there.
Get a temp matched dechlorinated water change done. Gravel vac if you have gravel.

Day 25 - 1300 readings
Ammonia is zero, N02 going in the right direction between 0.25-.5 pmm so a reduction from 1-2 ppm in 6 hours!

next 12 hr reading at 1900 hrs

G

Doh!
Never mind. Thats why the qualifying week is there.
Get a temp matched dechlorinated water change done. Gravel vac if you have gravel.

Thanks for that BBB, 90% Water change done, plus a quick glass clean, water was absolutly stinking, full range test to be done at 1900 hrs, no Ammonia added due to my tap water stats having ammonia at 0.25 ppm

NitrAtes have been off chart for at least 8 days so hopefully this WC has reduced them .

006ach.jpg

Day 25 - 1900 hrs stats

I did a 90% water change at 1400 hrs, Temp matched , declorinated.

Ammonia in tap water is 0.25 ppm - 5 hrs later Ammonia 0 ppm
NitrAtes must have been very high because it is now reading 40ppm with both Ammonia 0 ppm and NitrIte at 0ppm

PH stable at 7.6 -7.4 - no change (tap water is 7.8 at the moment)

water was very stinky !

now crystal clear see above pic!

next test 0700 hrs - hope this 12 hrs testing does'nt go on forever, sometimes i'm that tired i'm amazed i actually get the drops in the test tube!

Thanks for the advice on the water change - No3 was going crazy high!

G

Day 26 - getting closer

Ammonia easily munched in 12 hrs - N02 0.25 ppm this morning , 12 hrs later at zero

Ammonai re-dosed at 1900 hrs

Temp stable at 29.3
PH 7.6 - 7.4 - did'nt take long to drop from tap water stats of 7.8

G

Seems like we are both almost their. Its good to see and testament to the effectiveness of the fishless cycle that with the same tanks and similar procedures we are running at pretty much the same rate.

Day 27 - 0730 readings Ammonia 0 ppm NitrIte 0 ppm

so does qualification stage start now?

G

Most reactions

Back