Gab99's First Attempt At A Planted Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Awseome...

Fish are fine, cleaning out filter tomorrow morning and one last feeding of brine shrimp and then I make absolutely crystal clear instructions for my mom for feeding and stuff

Still need help with the questions in the last post so chime if anyone wants I will post it as well in discussion forum since in general I get bad response time In journals

Wow that was a while ago
Not much has happened, though I got into some livebearers for sake of cheap nice looking fish, ill leave the rainbows for later.

Stock:
1 hatchet (need more I think)
1 striped Raphael catfish
1 oto
2 praecox rainbows
3 gold barbs
4 red platys
4 blue platys
1 male hi fin platy thing , need to get a female(s)
Pair ( Yup, boy and girl) angels
1 bamboo shrimp (nick named ninja for slapping me in the face)

Plants are doing good, I have too much hygrophilia siamensis even after cutting and pruning, the fruits have multiplied and flourished, the swords are hug, my argentinian, or at least one of them, is doing cool things

I want more plants but nothing good at the store. And not enough money to order.

Anyway, I still need a powerhead, but other than that I want to start getting more shrimp in there for natural food and overall coolness. The bamboo I think is male because he's a deep red and looks the part, so I want to try a female, and then my idea and theory is for the rest I want:

Green, yellow/orange, crystal shrimp
And maybe a vampire shrimp to have a cool assorment of small medium and large Hahaha
Now, if I get these will they hybridize? They are from different genuses afterall...

Other than that, hi.

Looks nice in there, do you have any new pictures? Have you thought about some hardscape in there? Some rocks or wood would add some focal points and give you some hiding spots for the fish and shrimp.

Wow that was a while ago
Not much has happened, though I got into some livebearers for sake of cheap nice looking fish, ill leave the rainbows for later.

Stock:
1 hatchet (need more I think) - need at least 6
1 striped Raphael catfish
1 oto - need at least 6
2 praecox rainbows
3 gold barbs
4 red platys
4 blue platys
1 male hi fin platy thing , need to get a female(s)
Pair ( Yup, boy and girl) angels
1 bamboo shrimp (nick named ninja for slapping me in the face)

Plants are doing good, I have too much hygrophilia siamensis even after cutting and pruning, the fruits have multiplied and flourished, the swords are hug, my argentinian, or at least one of them, is doing cool things

I want more plants but nothing good at the store. And not enough money to order.

Anyway, I still need a powerhead, but other than that I want to start getting more shrimp in there for natural food and overall coolness. The bamboo I think is male because he's a deep red and looks the part, so I want to try a female, and then my idea and theory is for the rest I want:

Green, yellow/orange, crystal shrimp
And maybe a vampire shrimp to have a cool assorment of small medium and large Hahaha
Now, if I get these will they hybridize? They are from different genuses afterall... - I don't think they will

Other than that, hi. - hello back.

Most reactions

Back