Fuzzy Spot On Betta's Fin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So yesterday i got my betta a new tank, bigger and everything and he looked fine, no sign of illness and i dont remember seeing this fuzzy spot on his fin. I just went to take a pic of the tank to post here now and checked him closely to see how he was doing and noticed a spot on his fin that is clear on both sides of the fin and on one of the sides, a fuzzy thing started to grow over the spot like it's covering it.
What could this be? He looks really happy in the tank, acts normal, all his other fins are normal. Just this little spot.
Should i be concerned?

Have a pic of him?  Sounds like the bgging of fin rot but i cant be sure.

ncguppy830 said:
Have a pic of him?  Sounds like the bgging of fin rot but i cant be sure.

I will try to take one, tho he wont stop moving. Just a sec.

tumblr_mt4iw9EbpI1r6l7zpo1_500.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality but only had my phone on hand and he also wouldnt stop moving.
The tips of his fins have been clear like that for a long time now, probably since i got him. Just that spot there.

This is a betta with fin rot
finrot.jpg

Cant quite tell from the pics, so can you compare this to your betta.

ncguppy830 said:
This is a betta with fin rot
finrot.jpg

Cant quite tell from the pics, so can you compare this to your betta.

It looks kinda like that , just that the very tip of the fins are his natural color

ncguppy830 said:
hmm if it is fin rot, its in the early stages then.

I previously bought a treatment for fungus that says in the paper that can be used to treat fin rot. Should i use it?

argoma said:

I previously bought a treatment for fungus that says in the paper that can be used to treat fin rot. Should i use it?

well, i would wait to see if this progresses,its hard to telll if its fin rot at this stage so id keep an eye on it for now. For all we know it could be nothing, so at this point treating it Could do more harm than good.

ncguppy830 said:

well, i would wait to see if this progresses,its hard to telll if its fin rot at this stage so id keep an eye on it for now. For all we know it could be nothing, so at this point treating it Could do more harm than good.

In the paper it says that i can use a "preventive dosage". Should i try that?

What is the name of it? I doesnt sound like it would be no harm, but knowing what the brand is can tell if its reliable.

ncguppy830 said:
What is the name of it? I doesnt sound like it would be no harm, but knowing what the brand is can tell if its reliable.

The name is esha 2000

argoma said:

The name is esha 2000

havent heard of it, seems legit, i hope im not wrong but i think you can use it.

ncguppy830 said:

The name is esha 2000

havent heard of it, seems legit, i hope im not wrong but i think you can use it.

I will give it a try in the "preventive dosage" and see how it goes. Should i take the marimo out?

ncguppy830 said:
i dont see anything wrong with keeping it in there.

Okay so i just put the "preventive dosage", let's see how it goes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back