Friends...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Umm, litres are metric, there's no such thing as a US or UK litre. But there are US and UK gallons though :p

P.T.

yup, 136 litres in US or UK, or 29.9 UK (imperial) gallons, or 35.9 US (metric) gallons.
I tend to use US gallons, even though I'm in the UK as it is easier as most people on here do, plus it makes it sound like a bigger tank!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
As far as the clown loaches go. I have 3 in my 55g and although I always hear people saying they get to 1 foot long, I've yet to see one in the flesh bigger than about 8-9 inches. and even trawling the net, the biggest one I've seen in a pic was 11". I'm not disagreeing that they get that big, I'm just saying that it takes them a LONG time to get there, and if you have any plans on getting a bigger tank, I don't think 3 small clowns in that tank is any problem!!!
As for other compatible fish, I don't really know. But if you are moving the neons and swordtail, that will leave you with 1 angelfish, a couple of gouramis and the clown loach(es). How about a nice pair of rainbow Cichlids, or Sajica Cichlids?
I would say it depends on your preferences, but you're only restricted by the size of your tank, and the fact that the angelfish will get pretty big and might eat small fish!!
Have fun with the new additions whatever you choose!

30 GALLON GOLDFISH
calico fantail (SPEEDY)
black moore (JEZEBEL)
chocolate pom pom oranda (PHOENIX)
2 ottos (MR AND MRS CLEAN)
7 zebra danios
Not being picky but seems to have an overstocked tank as well :X

I didn't come in here to be told i am overstocked, i am getting a 55 gallon ok

Ohps looks like I mis-read when making my earlier post. I would say you could put 3 clown loaches in a 30G tank but only if you don't overcrowd the bottom of the tank and provide some nice caves for them.

I think you guys want to chill out..

Ben

Sorry about my earlier comment, I want friends in here not enemies. I know I will have to get my 55 gallon sooner now that I added the danios. Thank you for being concerned for the fishies :flowers:

Most reactions

Back